Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Where can I find an aluminum-framed PC?




wizkidweb


I've been searching Google for quite awhile, and I can't seem to find any PCs that have an aluminum frame. I want it to be similar in style to the new aluminum macbook pro, but I don't want it to be a macbook.
I'm looking for a moderately powerful laptop.



Answer
You can get it custom made if you just buy a pc, take off the plastic frame, scan it in a 3D scanner, and send it to an aluminum manufacturer and have them build it for you.

http://twitter.com/downloadmypizza is trying to download a pizza to his computer. Will this ever be possible?




John Griff





Answer
"ever" is a long time.

Currently there is an interesting piece of equipment called a 3D printer.

An object is scanned by a 3D scanner. This is a device that measures the exact size and shape of an object. The size co-ordinates are then sent to a 3D printer. This works a bit like an inkjet printer. A spray head moves from side to side squirting fast drying plastic resin. The resin dries and the next layer is sprayed on top and so on. This continues until the layers build up into a 3D shape.

I heard that the US army was experimenting with this technology to create spare parts for equipment out in the battlefield.

So you could currently download a pizza shaped object if you had a 3D printer. But you couldn't eat it. (or you wouldn't leave a tip if you did anyway)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Where can I find an aluminum-framed PC?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment