Monday, January 6, 2014

Think about how mobile our computing devices have become and the convergence of different devices?

3d scanner camera
 on 3d-scanner
3d scanner camera image



Michael


such as cameras, phones, computers, etc. What do you think the computer of the future will be like? What capabilities will it have that computers currently donât have? Do you see desktop computers becoming obsolete in
I mean becoming obsolete in the near future?



Answer
Well, D-Wave's quantum computer is worth watching.

Personally, I don't see desktop computers becoming obsolete especially soon.

I mean, I'm typing this on a mechanical keyboard and I'm looking at a display on my desk. That's the same as I used in about 1972, except back then it was a Tektronics storage display connected to a CDC mainframe. It's a setup I'm comfortable with. I've used smartphones, and I've used projection walls but for editing documents this is better. Of course, that's just the human interface - whether the computer is a mainframe, cloud, under the desk or built into the keyboard is of less concern.

I can see voice recognition finally making the leap to actually working for everyone, regardless of background noise and your accent.

For hardware, if 3D printers take off, I can see 3D laser or ultrasound scanners becoming more common, and some medical diagnostics becoming more mainstream (again, perhaps ultrasound or MRI based)

can I use a flat bed scanner to photograph a 3D object?




ben


Im not looking to photograph anything large, just 2"-3" tall. When I scan an object, anything touching the glass comes out clear, but anything 1/2" or more off the glass comes out blurred and dark. Is there a particular scanner out there that is known to scan objects well? Or is there some special techniques I can try to enhance my images quality? Thank you


Answer
Nope, sorry. Flatbed scanners are only focused on the glass with that .5 you discovered. You can make some cool images by rolling the thing along the motion of the scanning sensor that may look pretty groovy, but you cannot take a photo.
I'd walk into the closest camera shop and ask to see a camera and bring a card in with you to take the image home.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Think about how mobile our computing devices have become and the convergence of different devices?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment