Saturday, August 24, 2013

What sensor is better? CIS or CMOS in scanners?

3d scanner usb
 on downloads, Free, FREE, free, Community, community, MP3, mp3, Forum ...
3d scanner usb image



gbeuchel


When it comes to scanners, what is the difference between:

CIS
CMOS

Note: I want to scan family photos



Answer
I'll list some pros and cons and leave it to you to decide.

CIS
pros: cheaper than CMOS, uses less current so some of them can operate entirely off the USB port and won't require an external adaptor meaning they could in theory be hooked up to a laptop and made portable.

cons: my personal impression is that the contrast ratio for CIS is inferior to cmos. Probably because the light used in CIS is different (weaker?) than cmos. But this is easily rectified if you purchase a good quality CIS scanner. CIS can't scan 3D objects.

CMOS:
pros: can scan a surface that isn't entirely flat (CIS only scans surfaces that are in contact with the scanner glass, anything further aware than several fractions of an inch just shows up as a blur). That makes CMOS good for scanning thick books as it will scan words that are printed near the spine and that can't be made to lay entirely flat unto the glass.

Cons: generally heavier than CIS. requires external power supply so not portable. Might be slightly more costly.

My wireless dsl connection stinks!Is it the card?




unknown


Sometimes my internet lags out a bit and sometimes I am able to hear messages from others while I can't send any at all and it disconnects me!I'm using a wireless usb card called netopia on a 3d reach stand.

So if it is a bad card,what one would you recommend?P.S i don't know if this information is needed but i'm on desktop.



Answer
It sounds more like it is your computer then your internet. Get a virus and spyware scanner and a firewall. I recommend going to download.com and clicking virus firewall and see what other people say. I really like comodo firewall pro for firewall and avast for virus. they are both free




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What sensor is better? CIS or CMOS in scanners?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment