Wednesday, August 21, 2013

very slow laptop help please!?

3d scanner .zip
 on AC Ryan Playon HD Mini 2 (BEST SELLING NO.1) Full HD 1080p Network ...
3d scanner .zip image



Hexadecima


I have a Dell laptop with 1 GB of ram and a 2.2 GHz CPU~!
recently it has become really slow that drives me crazy! The OS is windows vista business!
What should I do? Do you think I should switch to XP again?



Answer
You have a couple of options. There are a few issues with Windows, and I would recommend you abandon Vista. I did an experiment with my flashdrive, I zipped around 1.6GB of files (pictures, a disk iso and some other stuff, around 200 files) and put a 'test.zip' file onto my flashdrive. I then rebooted to Vista, and unzipped it to my desktop - around 18 minutes. Next, I rebooted to XP and unzipped the same file again, it took 6 minutes this time. Next, I rebooted to Ubuntu (gnome desktop) and repeated the experiment. I missed it - it was around 6 to 8 seconds, I missed the timing because I was just so amazed watching the 'New Folder' window filling up. Instead of showing the files appear one by one, it seemed to flash them up around ten at a time! Stunning.

So the solution - possibly - is firstly to partition your hard disk into three sections. I did this at home, and left Vista out of the picture. Now I have 30GB XP partition, 200GB NTFS STORAGE partition, and 50GB UBUNTU partition. From Ubuntu I have access to all three - but from XP I only see the NTFS unless I use a special 'ext3' browser.

XP is not secure - something that made Vista look good. I installed my ADCSee PRO 2 on there, and my games, and disabled the Networking - so no virusses (no need for scanners). For everything else, I use Ubuntu (actually it has great image editing, but I can't leave my ACDsee, it's a photoshop killer if you have 300 photo's to edit and write to CD...). I run Virtualbox, so I have 'virtualXP' VDI image taking up 3GB of my disk - but that means I can run Yahoo messenger on my Ubuntu desktop.

Installing Ubuntu took around 20 minutes, then another hour or so installing extra stuff (it's FREE, so you have to add 'NON FREE' items to enable mp3 etc. lots of great guides on internet).

Dualboot XP with Ubuntu - you'll never look back, and you'll have the most amazing 3D desktop available - much better than the cheesy video's on Youtube show you.

2.2GHz and 1GB Ram is plenty for Ubuntu, and it's totally secure - and you can even get an antivirus installed (I have AVG and AVAST for scanning my windows partitions and flashdrives - but Ubuntu cannot suffer from any kind of infections).

Before you decide, download a 'liveCD' and boot that. It won't touch your disk/system, and it will let you see the most basic form of desktop. If your screen resolution is okay, and wireless works, then install it. Ubuntu installed on my system in around 25 minutes, and ALL of my hardware (printer, wireless keyboard/mouse, Nvidia, widescreen monitor, sound, etc. etc).
Everything just works out of the box better even than the impressive Vista installation (impressive after XP, that is....).

p.s. Ubuntu has no 'disk clean up' problems, it NEVER fragments - you'll find that it won't slow down after 5 months of heavy internet use...




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: very slow laptop help please!?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment