Sunday, August 25, 2013

What kind of computer does a graphic designer need?

3d scanner epson
 on downloads, Free, FREE, free, Community, community, MP3, mp3, Forum ...
3d scanner epson image



Valencia


im not trying to get into the whole mac vs pc debate BUT... i wanna know wat i need in order to get the job done and get it done right!! lol..... shud i save up the money for a mac ( though i do know that the mac book pro is cheaper now) but i could get a better pc for that price when it comes to memory and speed .... how much will i cost to get a PC and beef it up with graphic card and memory? or is it better just to settle for a mac?
- plus im gonna end up getting all those programs and a drawing pad so how much am i looking at?!
i just wanna know what i need for graphic design and how to get it
thanks i appreciate the time ;)



Answer
Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Indesign are your core programs. I also bit the bullet and got Adobe Font Folio Adobe's entire font library. I cannot see going cheep with fonts. I use a PC at home and a PC at work. If money wasn't an issue I would choose Mac Hands down and definitely a Mac desktop over a laptop. You will need a computer with fast processors and fast ram and lots of it. Large hard drive allows you to work with bigger files with big scratch drive space for plenty of undos. You will also need a good monitor. Alot of the design programs have multiple tool tabs. It is nice to have a monitor that is big enough to display all of the tabs with out eating into your design area. A tablet isn't necessary.I rarely use mine. Also recommended getting a quality digital camera with a hot shoe adapter and filter capabilities. Stock photography has gotten better over the years but you can always tell when stock photography is used. A good scanner is always good. I would shy away from the absolute low end and pay a little extra to get a little bit better one. I have had good experience with Epson and hp scanners. I have fallen in love with my 27" Acer monitor. I often wonder how I designed on a smaller monitor. The 19" monitor at work works ok too. It is good to have a video card with DVI to support the larger LCD monitors. Though I don't think you need to go broke getting a fancy gaming video card unless you plan on working with video or 3d. If you plan on doing web design I believe a PC works best.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What kind of computer does a graphic designer need?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment