Monday, July 29, 2013

Any Dr. prepared to give me "scanner" images of human LIMBS?

3d scanner manufacturers
 on Qubic - 3D Scanning - Konica Minolta Vivid 910 3D Laser Scanner
3d scanner manufacturers image



just "JR"


Any Dr. prepared to give me "scanner" images of human LIMBS?
I am doing some preliminary research on "Morphology Replication of Human Limbs Prosthesis".
In (very) short:
- A human lost an arm
- I scan the remaining one
- I make a mirror image of it.
- I build the missing bones in titanium alloy (technically modified)
- I build the muscle structure using nanotube carbon fibres
- I build the skin tissue using DNA "spray"...
... more ...
- A surgeon "implants" the prothesis.
Already a 20 years dream.
Accepted as a PhD researcher with Coimbra University. Need concrete preliminary results to confirm research project.

Current problems:
- Get scanned image of human "arm" (from mid-humerus to finger tips), taken from standard medical scanners to convert these images into 3D models, where the exact sketelton can be extracted in 3D.
- Get existing programs that do the transformation (none found yet: medical scanners manufacturers are not prepared to share data)
- I can write and develop the program to do the conversion.
- Drs. use "Patient confidentiality" to refuse my request.
- I offer "my arm" for scanning, but I have to pay for it (tooooo much $)
Offers?
Solutions?
Images?
Thanks
(I'll put my research status on my site (http://www.web2coders.com/research - in a day or two, if I receive any answer)



Answer
You might get more response if you go visit a clinic or hospital in person.

Few of us here in "Computers & Internet" will have access to pictures of people's arms.

Can anyone tell me how easy is it to change over to linux and get drivers for printers , scanners and video di




deeva4444


Thank you all for your good advice and the links you provided for me you were all very helpful and gave me some new knowledge thanks again much apreciated


Answer
The first place is to research the hardware you have to make sure it is supported under Linux and specifically under the distribution you are interested in running. The simplest way is to get a "LiveCD" which lets you try Linux without modifying your existing operating system. While this method is slower since it works only from memory and CD, it lets you try the different distros until you find one you are comfortable with.

I highly recommend finding a book to help you learn Linux (either from a public library or purchased) since it will allow you to read along as you perform the various tasks without needing your computer to view online documents. This is especially helpful during the installation steps.

Printers from major brands (HP, Epson, etc) have good support under Linux (http://linuxprinting.org)

Scanners are hit and miss, although a new scanner is cheaper than an upgrade of Windows these days.

Just about all video cards are supported using a fallback driver (vesa.) 3d acceleration is available for major cards such as Nvidia and ATI using the proprietary drivers from those manufacturer's websites.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Any Dr. prepared to give me "scanner" images of human LIMBS?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment