Saturday, April 5, 2014

Should I buy an Iphone 5 with the T-mobile $30 a month plan?




ThatOtherG


Ok, so ever since I know what cell phones were, I've wanted an Iphone.
I'm 16, and a junior in highschool.
The main problem is I don't have a job, and I have to pay for everything I want that isn't a necessity (food/warm clothes) My dad owns apartment buildings that I sometimes work at for extra cash, but it's not substantial.
My current phone situation is:
1st gen HTC Evo 3d with $35 a month Non-contract plan
Ipod touch 5g
For some reason, i LOVE apple, and this is nonnegotiable. So please don't tell me to buy a nexus, even though its a great and cheap phone. I love my Ipod, but the Evo makes me want to tear my hair out. I never use it when i don't have to. The coverage is terrible, but the main two reasons i hate it are: 1. Its android. Like I said, I'm unexplainably bias toward Apple. 2. The keyboard is literally the worst thing you have ever laid thumbs on. While i can type quickly and easily on my Ipod, It take insurmountably large portions of my day just to type a simple message, and after having the phone for well over a year I know I'm not going to "just get used to it"

(I know, I sound like such a spoiled white kid)

I also want to be able to carry around just one device ( the iphone) instead of my ipod+thick Evo.

So what I was thinking was to buy an iPhone 5/5s off contract and connect it to T-mobiles $30 a month plan.
Is this a good idea? i can easily afford the plan, as I'm already paying more than that for virgin, but I was wondering if it is compatible with iPhone.
Also, iPhone 5, 5c or 5s. I don't want to start off my dream of iPhone ownership with an outdated phone, but is the 5S really worth the extra cost?

If I purchased the phones from Virgin mobile, these are the prices per model. ( I only use this as an example because you can no longer buy the plain iPhone 5 from the Apple website) All the examples are 32g, because that's the memory I need.
iPhone 5 - $500
iPhone 5c - $550
iPhone 5s - $650
I really prefer the metal case of the 5 and 5s, but i would like to know what you guys think. :)



Answer
I am a long-time T-Mobile customer and am very happy with them.

Their plans are $50 for the first line and then $30 for the second on a family plan (and each additional line after that is $10). That includes unlimited texting, talking and data. That I know of, there are non $30 plans unless you already have a line and add a line. If you are talking about prepaid, I guess it is possible but I have no experience with the prepaid- I just know it is more expensive and you get less. T-Mobile no longer does contracts, so your father could sign up for service without obligation.

As for the phones themselves, I have had an iPhone 5 since February. I love it! The only difference between it and the 5s that you would notice would be the fingerprint scanner. That is not enough to convince me to upgrade- we will see what they offer next year.

The 5c is the same thing as the 5, just in a brightly colored casing. It is also a slightly different shape- just enough that while the 5 and 5s can use the same cases, the 5c can not. I know because I have two teens and each of them just got a 5c last month. So, at this time it is difficult to find cases for them (there are some out already, but not as large of a selection).

If you do not want the color, then I would go with the 5. And the color really does not matter since it is going to go in a case anyway (I HIGHLY recommend an Otterbox Defender, get the one for the iPhone 5. We got the same case for the 5c and promptly returned them as they are NOT the same quality, so I am not sure if the ones for the 5s are the same quality).

what is the best free app for ipod/iphone?




hulk bulk





Answer
There are WAY too many to select only one. Here are the Apps I have:

Favorites marked with a â.
Free apps marked with a â»

â¶Good for professional/school:

â¢Air Sharing â
â¢Alarm System â
â¢Color Splash
â¢Delivery Status touch â
â¢Dial Zero â â»
â¢eBay Mobile â»
â¢Facebook (&fun) â»
â¢Fake-a-call (&fun) â»
â¢Flashlight â â»
â¢Flight Track
â¢Graphing Calculator
â¢If Found â â»
â¢iRibbit â»
â¢Last.fm â»
â¢Linguo â
â¢Night Camera
â¢Police Scanner
â¢QuickTip â»
â¢RedLaser â
â¢Remote â»
â¢Shazam â â»
â¢Showtime â»
â¢Sportacular â â»
â¢Taxi!
â¢Units â»
â¢Vicinity
â¢The Weather Channel â â»
â¢Yellow Pages â â»

â¶Good for fun:

â¢Arcade Bowling Lite â»
â¢Blocked
â¢BlocksClassic Lite â»
â¢Bounce On
â¢Bubble Wrap â â»
â¢Cacha Mouse 2
â¢Cro-Mag Rally
â¢Cube Runner â â»
â¢Cube Runner II
â¢Dog Whistle Free â â»
â¢Enigmo
â¢Expando free â»
â¢F-MyLife â â»
â¢Face Melter
â¢Falling Balls â»
â¢Fieldrunners â
â¢Flick Fishing
â¢Flight Control â
â¢Flight of the Hamsters
â¢Flood It! â»
â¢Hanoi â»
â¢Hearing Test : Prank
â¢I Can Has Cheezeburger (FailBlog and associated sites) â â»
â¢iBeer
â¢iBowl â
â¢iCopter â
â¢iFart Mobile
â¢iHunt 3D
â¢Illusions Scream : Prank
â¢iShake
â¢Jellycar â â»
â¢Joost â â»
â¢Labyrinth Lite â»
â¢Laser Tag
â¢Light Bike â»
â¢Line Rider iRide
â¢Mark of Mafia â â»
â¢MazeFinger
â¢Mood Touch
â¢The Moron Test â
â¢Moto Chaser
â¢Ocarina
â¢Ow My Balls â
â¢Pac-Man Lite â»
â¢Paper Football â»
â¢PapiJump â»
â¢Pocked God â
â¢PocketGuitar
â¢reMovem â»
â¢Rollercoaster Rush â»
â¢Scribble Lite â»
â¢SGN Golf
â¢:Shift:
â¢Sol Free Solitaire â â»
â¢Sonic Boom
â¢SPACE DEADBEEF â»
â¢Spawn â â»
â¢StickWars
â¢StoneLoops â
â¢Stop It free â»
â¢Tap Tap Revenge â»
â¢Target Practice
â¢Tetris â
â¢Toobz
â¢Topple 2
â¢Touchgrind
â¢Tris â»
â¢Zombieville USA â
â¢21 Pro Blackjack - Free â»
â¢9000 Awesome Facts â




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Should I buy an Iphone 5 with the T-mobile $30 a month plan?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment