Sunday, May 4, 2014

Help!!!!! Malewarebytes says I have 150 infected files and their registry keys!?




Chantz


I kept getting a red pop up from avast saying the it blocked a Malicious URl, i get it everytime I open Google Chrome, open a new tab, or navigate to a new part of a website, it started happenening about an hour ago, so far I've system restored my computer, run an avast scan, nothing.

So I tried Malewarebytes and it found 150 infected files, half files i don't have like firefox, and the other half registry keys. I have had trojan viruses in the past that i've fixed by a system restore. I have windows 7, and i don't want to screw up my computer by deleting registry files so help please.
Here is the popup I keep getting from avast, and it is the same one every time, it's never different
Please tell me what to do, to delete, to completely restore my computer, or what.

Object: http://i.trkhmp.com/kwd?c=VVM6VOk6UGxhdHRldmlsGu6c2VydmljZXMucnVuZXNjYXBlLmNvbTp6LTEwNDctMTQ1MzQ%3D&cb=_GPL.items.a652c.displayKeywords
Infection: URL:Mal
Process: C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Aplication\chrome.exe



Answer
It has been my experience, of which there is a lot, that it is safe to delete everything MBAM finds. MBAM has a very low false positive rate. You can quarantine the items, and if you have problems after quarantining, then look into which key may be the good one, and restore it. In all my experience with MBAM, I have deleted everything it has found, and never had a problem.
I get rid of malware on a lot of people's machines.

I would also run scans with TDSSKiller, and GMER. They are anti-rootkit programs that you don't have to install, just download them to the desktop, and double click the icon(s) to open the scanners. Rootkits can go undetected by AV programs, and programs like MBAM.

http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208280684

http://www.gmer.net/




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Help!!!!! Malewarebytes says I have 150 infected files and their registry keys!?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment