Saturday, March 29, 2014

NEED HELP on a Computer for Web Developer/Designer.?




Dr.True


I want a good computer that I can edit videos, music, images and other media. It does not have tobe the latest, or fastest as price is concern. I do have my eye on the IMAC 20inch, is this a good buy for what I want to do?


Answer
That is a good choice. If you already have a good monitor, you can get a Mac Mini. I have one, as well as an old blue&white G3 (which I keep around because I can hook up my scanner and THREE monitors at once!)

The new multi-core Intel machines are very, very fast. My Mini, a 1.66GHz Core Duo, works nine times faster than the old machine while performing raytraced 3D.

Mac OS X is also a system which is brilliant for coding back-end server code. If you interested in Ruby on Rails, I recommend Locomotive: a portable development environment for Rails. It makes things very easy indeed.

how much RAM is a good amount?




Antares


And what exactly is RAM? I'm looking to buy a laptop, and need one that is heavy duty, with a lot of memory and toughness. Portability isn't that big an issue (but it does need to be portable so it can't be a desktop). I was wondering about the RAM, and how much I would need.


Answer
RAM is random access memory, every time you open up a program it is using up RAM, if you have Windows Vista or Windows XP you can press Control, Alt, and Delete at the same time to see how much RAM your computer is taking up. RAM is important if you want to be able to open lots of programs without slowing down and be able to do multiple things at once like playing a game while you have a a virus scanner and a word document open would take up a lot of RAM. I recommend atleast 2 GB for Windows Vista as it takes p a bunch of RAM, if you're gonna play modern games and new games then you'll definitely need 2 GB RAM plus. The more RAM the more programs can be opened without lag and you can go from 1 program to another quickly, I used to have a computer with only 256 mb of RAM, whenever I exited a game it took forever to go back to the desktop or open another program. RAM is especially important for programs like Photo Editing Programs, Professional Business kind of programs and movie editing etc. because they need a lot of RAM to work with.

I also recommend a good graphics card if you want to play 3D games and/or movie edit, if your just a typical computer user and don't play games or have those big programs then 2 GB of RAM will be really nice already and you won't really need a good graphics card.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: NEED HELP on a Computer for Web Developer/Designer.?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment