Thursday, February 27, 2014

My computer keeps freezing?




sirhouse


My computer freezes a lot to the point where its become "useless". I'll list the history of what happened to it and if anyone has a fix to it I'm literally going to explode out of happiness.

I got my first blue screen playing a 3D game called minecraft, all I had to do was restart my computer and it worked again. This kept happening but not to the point where it was annoying, it rarely happened.

But I kept playing games and it got to the point where I would get a blue screen after a few minutes every time I played any game or video.

I asked a question on here a while ago and I got some help that told me it was the graphics card/driver. I uninstalled the graphics driver and reinstalled it, but the problems continued.

I thought it had to be an overheating problem so I removed the back case of my laptop. But in fact this made it much worse and I thought it was because now my RAM sticks weren't seated securely and they were moving around causing it to crash much more commonly. So I took one out I couldn't find the other one but this didn't change anything at all except now it crashes even when I'm not doing anything video related like surfing the web.

Anyways thats where I'm at now. I think its a problem with the hardware because it kept getting worse over time, but I don't know what parts not working. Thanks for ANY advice/pointers!



Answer
What Operating System your using?

Suggest running the Memory Diagnostics Tool from Microsoft:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-nz/windows7/diagnosing-memory-problems-on-your-computer

If one or more memory sticks is corrupted at a point, then your find that your computer will randomly crash (when it has reached and tries to use that address). So, this could happen at any time - boot time, during any application/game, etc. If this is your issue, then carefully remove all memory sticks (after removing static from your body by grounding yourself - for example: touching a piece of metal area on the computer) except for one and retest each individually... place back any good ones and replace the damaged one(s).

Next scan your computer hard drive(s) for errors, go under "My Computer" -> Right click on each Local Disk (one at a time) -> Properties -> Tools (tab) -> Erroring Checking -> Check Now. Select automatically fix file system errors and also check for bad sectors option. If the drive is in use, it might ask to check on next boot up instead (say okay and restart).

Next scan your computer for viruses, spyware and trojans. If you already have an virus scanner, then ensure it is up-to-date as well as Windows, a good firewall and other applications you use regularly. Most virus scanner are utter rubbish, I recommend total application control rather than virus definition only scanners. This means something which gives or denies each application/game access to various areas of your system (including itself) with a strong firewall to prevent any network access, such as Kaspersky Internet Security.

You can check with some free tools, such as: http://www.kaspersky.com/virus-scanner

Also, check for spyware using a free manual running application (which doesn't conflict with your virus scanner) such as Lava Soft Ad-Aware: http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php or Spybot: http://www.safer-networking.org/dl/

Next clean out any startup background applications and/or services you don't need. This is more advance, only remove what you know is and don't want. You can use Start -> Run -> type "MsConfig.exe" and press enter, then look under the Startup tab, also more carefully under the Services tab (Leave it alone or Google search the name of each if unsure what it is/does).

Java Program help! Please!!!!?




Rogue


26.Write a program that reads which stores a set of positives integers into an array. The length of the array should be the first input item. Enter the values in increasing order. Then display the list on the screen, and next to each number, the number of times it occurs in the list. For example, for the list

13, 15, 15, 28, 28, 40, 48, 62, 62, 62

the output should appear as follows:

Number Count
13 1
15 2
28 2
40 1
48 1
62 3

All I want to know is how to show up as that list



Answer
There is only one way I would do this program, and that requires Java1.5+ because that level of java has the Collections framework.

Whether you write a Scanner themed program or let the main() bring in the values it's up to you. To let main() grab the input requires the program compiles before you can test it. But, let's say you compiled, then the run command would be.

java NumCount 13 45 16 14 [return]

here is a method() using a lot of the new Collections framework and String.formatter();

=====================

private ArrayList<String> slotter( String s ) {
String delinter = (s.indexOf(",") > 0) ? "," : " ";
String[] ss = s.split( delinter );
ArrayList<Integer> al = new ArrayList<Integer>();
for( int i = 0; i< ss.length; i++)
al.add( Integer.parseInt(ss[i]) );

Collections.sort(al);

ArrayList<String> all = new ArrayList<String>();
all.add("[" + al.size() +"]");

for (Integer integer : al) {
String sfmt = String.format("%3d freq: %2d", integer,
Collections.frequency(al, integer));
all.add(sfmt);
}
String proof = "";
for (String string : all) {
proof += string + ", ";
}
int lastComma = proof.lastIndexOf(",");
proof = proof.substring(0,lastComma);
System.out.println( proof );

return all;
}
============
to play with it, you should write a class with a Scanner, then Scanner calls the method.

String s = scanner.nextLine();
ArrayList<String> outp = slotter(s);
for(String string : outp)
System.out.println(
string);




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: My computer keeps freezing?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment