Friday, January 10, 2014

Where can I buy a low cost 3d scanner?

3d scanner buy
 on ... 3D scanning technology especially those powered by the powerful 3D
3d scanner buy image



Al


I need to scan in some parts to add to a CAD model. I'm really looking for something that's plug and play, where I drop the object into the scanner and it automatically puts it into a CAD packge. Any ideas?


Answer
What do you consider low cost? Good ones run around $10,000 (e.g., Roland) but you can find some for around $2,500 (e.g., Nextengine).

How do I convert a 2d image into a 3d image that i can paint digitally?




Kevin Solt


I paint miniature models for a board game called Warhammer 40k, and I want to know if there is a program (or programs) that can allow me to upload a picture of the model, and paint it (even in a different program) so that I can try out new paint schemes without having to actually buy the paints first and put them on the model. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.


Answer
Well, this is a bit of a complicated task. Unless you have the money to be spending on a three-dimensional scanner, you're pretty much sunk.

If you simply want to test out colors, your best bet may be to take photos of your unpainted model (or have it painted white, if you want better results later), convert the photo to grayscale and open it in Photoshop.

Create a new layer, set it to multiply, and use the brush tool to color on top of the black and white photo of the model. This should give you a good enough indication of what the end result will look like.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Where can I buy a low cost 3d scanner?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment