Tuesday, December 24, 2013

COMPUTER HELP: URGENT HARD DRIVE SPACE?

3d scanning vfx
 on ... 3D: Henrik Eklundh and Jonas Ekman VFX: Calle Granstr�m, Marcus Melin
3d scanning vfx image



Mephisto


My hard drive is roughly 458 gb.

Recently, it hovered in the 407gb zone as I uninstalled and removed programs, this was what it was at for most of the time I owned the computer. 407 gb was acceptable.

I recently began a vfx project and installed Adobe Premiere, After Effects, and some other post-production softwares.

Ever since then, my hard drive space has dropped to 340 gb. What could be causing the 60 percent drop?

Whenever I boot one of the programs, have a session, and then close it, my hard drive drops my 1 or 2 gigabytes.

I scanned with McAffee, no virus exists.


* I remember reading somewhere that when a computer exceeds its RAM, it takes additional memory from the hard drive. My Acer Aspire has 4 gigs of ram, could it be that intense 3d rendering exceeded this quota and began to take stuff out of the HDD space?

Any help would be appreciated.



Answer
you should clean the free space on your hard disk with CCleaner, because when you delete data its never really gone it just gives a command to the hard disk that it gives the right to overwrite old data when you add new data!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: COMPUTER HELP: URGENT HARD DRIVE SPACE?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment