Wednesday, October 2, 2013

What are some good iPhone apps!?

3d scanner app
 on 3D scan (using your iPhone camera!) and model for free with 123D Catch ...
3d scanner app image
Q. Just good apps, they can be anything games utility things etc.


Answer
music:
Shazaam/Soundhound (Just click the listen button and it will tell you what song is playing on the radio!)
TuneWiki (Looks up and displays lyrics for all your iPod music)
Pandora (Pandora music radio)

Social:
Facebook
Myspace
Twitterrific
IM+ (All in one instant messenger, Yahoo, Facebook, etc)
textPlus (Texting chat rooms)
Birthdays (Birthday reminder, syncs with Facebook)

Travel:
YellowPages
Urbanspoon (Look up restaurants around you)
Dropbox (Drop it in the folder on your computer and it's sync'd over the internet to your phone!)
Sunrise & Set (Sunrise/set times)
Speedometer
Google Earth
iTranslate
Convert Units (Convert Fahreinheit to Celcious, Feet to Meters, etc etc)

Random:
Phone Gangster (Change your phone number, and voice, perfect for prank calls)
TeamViewer (Wirelessly play on your computer from anywhere)
Touch Mouse (Use your phone as a trackpad for your computer)
VoicePlus (Change your voice into something whacky)
Dog Whistler
iBooks
Download Manager Pro
myWireless (Access your AT&T account information from your phone)
iWallpapersHD
Dictionary (English dictionary)
iHandy Level (An accurate level)
Chomp (App suggestion program)
Shop Savvy Barcode Scanner (Scans, looks up prices and tells you what store has it for the cheapest!)

Internet:
Opera Mini (Open webpages at 1/10th the bandwidth, great for low reception areas)
Wikipedia
CloudBrowse (A browser you can use flash on, kind of choppy though)
eBay
Speed Test (Tests the speed of your internet)
IMDB (Internet Movie Database)

Games:
FS5 Hockey (Air Hockey game)
Fling
UnblockMe
Words Free (Play word games with friends or random people for free)
TapWord
Labyrinth 3D (Try to get the ball to the end without falling in the holes by tilting phone)
PocketLegends (MMORPG)
GTA (Yes, Grand Theft Auto)
Assassin's Creed
HeavyGunner (Shoot down approaching spaceships)
X Invasion 2 (Flight simulation fighter jet game)
Snow Moto/Dirt Moto (Couple cool racing games)
TalkingTom (Fun app to fool around with)

Those are some of my favorite apps that I've accumulated over time, have fun.

What can I do to speed up my computer?




d t


I've tried countless ways to speed up my laptop:
1. I downloaded CCleaner and Auslogics to clean, fix, and defragment my registry. I also use CCleaner to clean up the unnecessary files on my computer.

2. I use Windows Disk Cleanup occasionally (probably once every 1-2 weeks). I use Windows Disk Defragment around once a week. I do a disk checkup around once every 2-3 weeks.

3. I always download Windows Updates (manually).

4. I disable a few services and programs that I think is unnecessary to boot on start-up.
(I have 3 programs on start-up atm: ESET smart security, Alps touch pad, microsoft intellipoint)
What are some common services that are unnecessary to automatically startup?

5. I uninstall programs that I no longer use. Speaking of which, here are the programs that I do have:
A. abbyy finereader sprint (used for my printer)
B. Adobe flash player plugin
C. Adobe shockwave player
D. AIM
E. Alps Touch pad driver
F. iTunes bundle (apple app. support, mobile device support, bonjour, quicktime, etc.)
G. Auslogics Registry Defrag
H. Broadcom Wireless LAN adapter
I. Ccleaner
J. Dell printer
K. DivX setup
L. ENE CIR Receiver Driver
M. ESET smart security
N. Foxit Reader
O. HP programs (3d driveguard, webcam, quick launch buttons, support assistant, wireless assistant)
P. IDT Audio
Q. Intel (R) graphics media accelerator driver
R. Java
S. Jmicron Flash media controller driver
T. LSI HDA Modem
U. Microsoft stuff (Framework, office, visual C+, intellipoint, etc.)
V. Mozilla firefox
W. Realplayer
X. Spybot S&D
Y. Windows live essentials (just MSN)
Z. WinRAR archiver

6. I usually keep my power plan on "Balanced" as opposed to power saver.

7. I keep a fan under my laptop at all times to prevent heating.

8. I go to the control panel troubleshooters (improve power usage, maintenance, windows updates, performance issues) to find/fix any errors.

9. I scan my computer every once in a while and 99% of the time, I do not have a virus. I also use S&D's "immune" feature. I update ESET ss & spybot S&D every few days.

Last but not least, my specs are:
Windows 7 ultimate SP1
2.00 ghz
4 gb RAM
64-bit

^This is the list of things I do (there might be more that I can't think of atm).
However, my laptop still doesn't perform in the speed in which I'd prefer it to perform at.
It takes about 40-50 seconds to start up. It takes a very long time to finish disk defragment and disk cleanup (I think around ~30 minutes for cleanup, and ~70 minutes for disk defragment). It takes ~30 minutes to uninstall a light program.

So my question is: Is there anything else I can do to improve my laptop's performance?
I'm not sure how to identify the CPU & HDD speed. Can you tell me the procedure?



Answer
Having two different virus protection programs active at the same time can (and will) cause system slow down because both are running real time scanners at the same time. If your processor is only a 2.0 GHz processor, then you could very easily be maxing out your processor whenever you try to do anything. 4GB of RAM is average, but consider that Windows 7 utilizes 1.5GB of your RAM at any given time just to run. I try to max out on RAM whenever I can. If you haven't done so already, Run Msconfig (only if you consider yourself savvy though), and turn off all system start up processes. Restart your computer to see if it loads any faster. If it does, turn on a necessary startup program and retry the startup sequence until you find the program that is causing it to load excessively slowly.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What are some good iPhone apps!?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment