Thursday, July 18, 2013

how can 3D model is able to replica? using machine?

3d scanner phone
 on Narrow Gauge Railways In America: Embracing A Sketch Of Their Rise ...
3d scanner phone image



kryslian88


i was wondering if any of vinyl statues that are replica by using machine technology if is that so then what kind of machine? and what are the price?
use scanning or digital cameras all of the perspectives of the 3D models to make replicas too?



Answer
there are scanners that read a 3 d figure (this is often how small scale figures are reproduced much much larger) Molds are then made (for multiples like the junk from China we buy at Walmart) from metal, and there are machines that squirt resin or liquid plastic into the molds. They then run down a conveyer and are dumped out into big boxes, packed up and shipped out around the world. These machines are very costly, but produce the product at a penny or less each, and then we buy this crap for $10-$150, so if they sell oh, say 10,000 of them they have paid for their machine...

if you want to reproduce your own art work, go to a model maker (in phone book) and ask how much it would be to make molds, and then you can go to a plastics fabricator who does this for other people. Unless you have plenty of capital to start up your own factory.

If you want to just reproduce 100 or so, then yo can learn to make your own molds from a book and make them yourself with liquid resin.

I want to get more into digital art, need tips?




Daniella


Okay so I've decided that I want to get more serious about digital art than the cool yet limited app I have on my Nintendo 3DS... where's the best place to start?

Does everyone use photoshop, or are there special programs made just for artwork? I'm assuming there are, and if so which one would you recommend? I'm willing to purchase it if it's really good.

What would be the best drawing tablet to purchase?

Any other useful tips for someone wanting to start getting more into digital art?

Thanks in advance :)
By digital art, since I know that covers a ride range of things, I do not mean editing others photos or my own. I want to create things from scratch. I have a full sketchbook of things like portraits and landscapes, so I would like to continue that only... digitally. :)



Answer
Here are some things that might help you get started with illustration and design:

Free:
- Gimp (download, similar to Photoshop)
- Inkscape (download, similar to Illustrator)
- Lunapic (online, similar to Photoshop)
- Pixlr (online, similar to Photoshop)
- Blender (download, similar to Maya, a 3d design program)
- Autodesk Sketchbook Express (download, similar to Corel painter)
------> Autodesk software is available for free for students at:
------> http://students.autodesk.com/?nd=download_center

Paid:
- Photoshop (Photoshop elements is a cheaper alternative, it comes free with some tablets)
- Illustrator
- Corel Painter (you can get a free version of painter with certain tablets)
- Sketchbook Pro 6 (similar to Corel Painter)


Best drawing tablet: wacom intuos4 small (for beginners, try ebay for the cheapest). I've used wacom bamboo fun before as a starter tablet I was 100% disappointed and would not suggest if even as a starter tablet. There is a newer version of the intros, intuos5 but the new additions are really not worth the upgrade cost. There is a big difference between the 3 and 4 though so I'd go with the 4. The 3 is heavier, old, and clunky.

I use a tablet for everything and I noticed if you use it for long periods of time you might have wrist pain from your lower hand hitting a desk as you use it. What I use to save my hand is a thin glove without fingers. They are really cheap and normally around $2-3 for a pair. Sometimes I put tissues on the part of the glove that hits a desk for extra padding so I can use a tablet for many hours without having a bruised hand.

It sounds like you are interested in digital illustration. You might like Photoshop or Corel painter best. Illustrator is more technical and can be hard to be more free with. It is a great program but not the best for detailed illustration like landscapes. It is better for making things like logos, clip art. Both photoshop and Corel are pretty expensive for full versions but there is a big difference between the cheaper versions and the full versions.

Of all of the programs listed, Photoshop is probably your best bet, the full version, not elements. I wouldn't waste money on elements, I'd use it if you have a free copy from buying a tablet but it isn't worth buying in my opinion. Try out some of the free programs above if you can't get the paid version of photoshop. The downloadable ones are best for long projects because you could lose your work if you work online. I'd suggest Gimp and Adobe Sketchbook Express to start with. If you cannot get a student license for a free version of sketchbook, amazon sells it as Sketchbook Pro 6 for around $20-40 depending on who you buy it from. It is a larger version of the program with more options that is relatively cheap. A great option to Corel Painter if you don't want quite so many options (it sells for about $70 on amazon).

Other things that might help:
- a scanner
- a camera/phone for pictures of 2d art
- tripod for taking good pictures with camera
- Staedtler pigment liner markers (these are very expensive, roughly $10-15 for 4 but they are very good quality and should last awhile, great for inking drawings for good scans digitally)
- Prismacolor Turquoise soft pencils (for 2d work to scan, best pencils I've used so far, I've tried a lot of brands)
- Prismacolor Turqoise medium pencils
- Staedtler White eraser (I use these all of the time, and they are great! Best eraser I've used so far.)
- Staedtler white eraser pencil toppers (these are hard to find but also great)
- Zebra drift 0.5mm lead mechanical pencils (larger mechanical pencil)
- Pentel 0.7 mm lead mechanical pencil (regular mechanical pencil, my favorite kind)

Generally for 2d supplies, Staedtler, Prismacolor, Pentel, and Zebra are really good. My mechanical pencils are all japanese, they seem to be the best quality. I actually got them from a college book store that sell supplies for 5 for $1. Generally they are about $2-4 a piece though. Staedtler's stuff if German and known for high quality drafting supplies. Prismacolor is made in Mexico (at least the Turquoise pencils, they are very expensive but I've used the cheaper ones and they just aren't the same. Drawing smudge a lot with the cheap ones and aren't as dark. The cheap brands look 'fuzzy' a lot. The best place for most of these is either local 3rd party supply stores, not chains, or ebay. Amazon is pretty high with shipping.

Have fun! :D




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: how can 3D model is able to replica? using machine?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment